Winco generator 3000VE/A, 2.4kW continuous 120V, 2 qt. gasoline tank, 1HP Honda motor. Perfect for use on your 120V welder.
It’s happened to most people - the power goes out for a long period of time. What do you do in this situation? How can you keep the power on even when nobody else has power? This is a great time at a great price to own a Winco generator.
Sorry, there are no products in this collection
What is a PTO generator?
A PTO generator, or Power-Take Off generator, is a mobile unit that produces electricity by way of a vehicle engine, such as a Honda engine, which is used in the Winco generators. PTO generators provide power to those without electricity.
Why are PTO generators used, and why should you invest in one?
The Winco generators are often used during power failures, especially during the winter season on a farm. They are also useful if you work in a particularly rural area where utility grids can be less than reliable.
PTO generators are also commonly used on a farm no matter the season because these generators provide one of the quickest ways to turn farming equipment into a mobile power plant. For example, a tractor engine can generate electricity thanks to a PTO generator.
If you find that your power often fails, then investing in a Winco generator is a sensible option. Even if you have yet to experience it, the consequences of not having a PTO generator as a backup may be dire.
What are the benefits of PTO / Winco generators?
There are many benefits to investing in a PTO generator, both in terms of cost and labor. The main benefits include:
- Portability: A PTO generator can allow you to run power tools from distant utility poles without having to carry heavy equipment around.
- Reduced maintenance: These generators are extremely easy to maintain with few internal parts. Plus, they have a very long shelf life.
- Offers reliable backup power: If bad weather has threatened your main power source, a Winco generators act as a reliable backup.
- Low cost: PTO generators are less expensive to operate than other standby generators.
When looking at generators, you can choose between either mechanical shift PTO generators or clutch shift PTO generators.
How to pick the right PTO generator
There are several different aspects of PTO generators to consider before making a purchase. Considerations include:
- Its size and capacity. Your vehicle's horsepower will help you identify what size PTO generator you need, but two horsepower is typically needed per kilowatt of generator output.
- Its reliability. Choose a brand that is known for its longevity and reliability.
- Portability. PTO generators need to be moved, so choose one that can be easily transported.
- Its drive shaft. A generator's driveshaft is used to hook up the power take off from your vehicle to the generator's shaft.
Whether you need a PTO generator for professional or personal use, there are a couple of generators that will never let you down, including the Standby Winco Generator LP/NG with Automatic Transfer Switch and the W3000H Winco Generator 3000VE/A.
The Standby Winco Generator LP/NG with Automatic Transfer Switch
The Standby Winco Generator LP/NG with Automatic Transfer Switch is a commercial stand-by generator with a Honda generator motor, specifically the Honda GX690 engine which has improved adaptability and a quiet operation.
Additional key features and benefits include:
- Runs quietly
- Improved fuel economy
- Digital controller
- Sure flow cooling system
- Galvanized steel to withstand the elements
- Power ready
The popular Standby Winco Generator LP/NG with Automatic Transfer Switch also has an automatic generator transfer switch which will switch a load between two sources if one of the sources has lost or gained power.
The W3000H Winco Generator 3000VE/A
The W3000H Winco Generator 3000VE/A has a Honda generator motor, specifically the Honda GC160 engine which provides the longevity you expect from Honda.
Additional key features and benefits include:
- Long-lasting engine
- Low oil protection
- Durable finish (powder coat paint)
- Lightweight and portable
- Load tested
PTO generators are invaluable pieces of equipment, especially in agriculture and areas where there is often occurring power loss, allowing you to take power from anywhere on your farm and acting as a backup power source for your home. Low cost and easy to maintain, Winco generators are known for their reliability and excellence.
Have a question about the available Winco generators? Please contact us here or give us a call at 800-694-1472.